PWAs: They’re Game-Changers and Problem Solvers
We are all familiar with the ubiquitous phone app, Whatsapp. If you happen not to have cell service, you are still able to open the application, check past messages and even send a message to somebody.
When you finally get back online, all of your messages will be automatically sent through.
A Progressive Web App (PWA) is essentially a new software development methodology. Compared to customary applications, progressive web apps are a hybrid of standard site pages (or sites) and mobile applications. This new application model incorporates the most efficient aspects of contemporary browsers, with the advantages of a exceptional mobile experience.
Why do we need PWAs and what are their highlights?
- PWAs are extremely reliable! PWAs load in a split second and never stall or lag in loading if your internet is down, even in the most unreliable network conditions.
Additionally, they’re very quick and respond rapidly to user interactions fluidly with seamless animations.
They’re very easy to navigate and feel like a natural application on your gadget, offering a vivid client experience.
- No downloading is required! PWAs open directly through a browser just like a website. To load quickly, the PWA can be added to the home screen with a single click. An icon will show up right on the user’s screen, which enhances your brand recognition. Since the user doesn’t have to download anything from an application store, that means that there are less steps required before being able to use the PWA.
- Push Notifications: A PWA can send push notifications to its users. Receiving alerts prompts users to use the PWA more frequently and also ensures that the users don’t forget about your PWA. Overall, push notification are an easy way to stay informed about changes and updates on the App
- PWAs use just a single code for every mobile platform. Compared that to Android/iOS apps, where the code is made separately for every stage, PWAs make a solitary code base utilizing JS, HTML and CSS. This results in a decrease in the overall spending plan of the application and means that it consumes less data.
- Another plus is that you don’t have to have your app approved or upload it to the App Store or Google Play! Also, you don’t need to give commercial centers a percentage of your income, thus you won’t be restricted by guidelines.
- Enhanced security: PWAs work with the same security protocols as regular websites. Hence, it is easy to connect the SSL certificate, which is the most secure solution for ensuring reliable communication with the server.
- If there is a poor or no Internet connection whatsoever, a normal website or app won’t load and clients can’t interact with it. PWAs, however, aren’t restricted and can work offline because of their unique ability to utilize stored information from past online exercises. For instance, say you have an online store- a user can continue browsing your product pages if the Internet disconnects. Having an offline mode expands the overall user retention and engagement by giving the user a chance to remain on your website for longer periods of time.